Old 02-03-2015, 08:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tomatoes - breaking my oath

On 02/03/15 01:06, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
I swore I was going to give up veg gardening; small family; buy organic produce.
But prices so high, and taste not all that great, reconsidering.

No point in buying tomato seeds from local nurseries; they'll just produce
more tasteless fruit.

So I'm taking "short cut" around research by asking NG members in similar climates (So. Calif coastal) for names of sharp, acidic tomatoes. Already OK to plant here so want to order seeds pronto)

Appreciate your experienced-based recommendations.

TIA

In the uk.rec.gardening NG,. one of your upstate NY compatriots very
recently suggested http://www.tomatoville.com as a useful site for those
interested in growing tomatoes.

--

Jeff