Old 02-03-2015, 05:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Tomatoes - breaking my oath

hubops wrote:

I swore I was going to give up veg gardening; small family; buy organic produce.
But prices so high, and taste not all that great, reconsidering.
No point in buying tomato seeds from local nurseries; they'll just produce
more tasteless fruit.

Stop blaming others for your lack of discipline.

So I'm taking "short cut" around research by asking NG members in similar climates
(So. Calif coastal) for names of sharp, acidic tomatoes.
Already OK to plant here so want to order seeds pronto)
Appreciate your experienced-based recommendations.

I would ask for recommendations from a few of the seed purveyers.
However the quality and intensity of produce flavor has little to do
with which seeds, it is primarilly dependant on the grower's physical
efforts and expenditure of personal resources. Southern Cal is
blessed with generally lousy soil, you will need to invest in
improving your soil and do the sweat labor... in other words you'll
reap what you sow.