Old 02-03-2015, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default lentils and pulses

In article ,
Fran Farmer wrote:

Wise man beign so sensible!

What produce do you generally feed your freezer? I've fed mine
plums, raspberries and tomatoes in the last few days but it will get a
few more feeds of apples in the next few days.

I'm still using some of the bumper crop of apples from 2013, which I
dried a vast number of. Good in pies, crumbles or porridge, or straight
out of the keg (I'm using 2Kg olive kegs to store them, once I figured
out how to get the olive smell out of those with baking soda and water.)
Also much more compact dried than wet.

Of course, that was after they got frozen in the blossom stage 2012 and
did nothing, and last year they were exhausted from 2013 and did nearly
nothing, so they are in a biennial pattern now...if the blossoms don't
get frozen off this year.

Wise woman planning on planting more fruits that only need to be planted
once. Even though they do need maintenance, it's less work than planting
is.