Old 03-03-2015, 07:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Tomatoes - breaking my oath

Steve Peek wrote:
4) sweet 100, small salad toms, highly productive.
1 plant per person will yield a glut of small toms for juicing.

we usually have two sweet100s and when we have
extras we'll throw them in with the juicing
tomatoes (beefsteak), but the seeds are smaller
and come through the food mill screen. oh well,
they're still good and the added sweetness gives
the beefsteaks a bump too.

i tried juicing them alone once and i could
not really taste much tomatoey goodness so i
never did it again. sweet yes, but otherwise
bland. maybe i'm too used to the beefsteak
flavor instead.

songbird