Old 06-03-2015, 04:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default lentils and pulses

On 6/03/2015 10:19 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Fran Farmer wrote:
On 5/03/2015 10:48 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:

(snip)
We should get together and compare sin where we live sometime.

I know you live inland a long way north of me. I had placed you from
the things you'd said and the weather conditions reported at times
when you said certain things as being inland in a triangle bounded by
Taree, Musswellbrook, Newcastle. How close is that fit?

That's where I live but you missed out on the sin part.

Snort! Some interesting environmental challenges up your way these
days........ You may as well turn to either sin or the bottle.

My chooks never seem to do any harm to our trees. Teh worst problem
so far is that one hen got inside the nettign and I dint notice she
was missing and then realised she'd been out in the open under the
tree without water or food for 3 days and we'd had a humungeous storm
in that time. Poor thing. She survived but was thirsty by the time
I foudn her. I felt very guilty.

Ours will jump up to peck at the low hanging fruit.

I've got standard Australorps so they are probably too big and heavy to
bother.