Old 06-03-2015, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Houseplant shrivelling

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 07:52:45 -0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 05/03/15 23:29, David Hill wrote:

I think I would go back a couple of stages.

You said you used "Council" compost to re pot your plant.
That compost is designed to be dug into the garden or used as a mulch
around shrubs etc.
What you need is "Potting compost" this is designed for young plants or
house-plants, depends which you buy.

If only it was that clear! I thought that there was only one "recycled"
compost available, but have a look he
http://veolia.co.uk/pro-grow
http://www.pro-grow.com/pro-grow-mul...-50ltr-bag/p17

Quite a few local authorities are supplying it.

The stuff I got, you just help yourself (free) form a huge pile the size of two articulated lorries.

--
"You might show me a little more respect" complained the coed as she and her date were driving back from "Lover's Lookout".
"Yeah?" asked the smirking boy, "Like by doing what?"