Old 08-03-2015, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default lentils and pulses

On 8/03/2015 6:40 AM, George Shirley wrote:

I truly prefer things that are planted to be used, fruit trees, berries,
etc. Should have bought a bunch of land when I was young and healthy and
put in all the fruit trees I wanted. Of course I didn't have the money
back then to do that. It's amazing how much money you can save when your
kids leave home. Had to move twice and they still found us.

LOL. I too like growing productive plants so I can understand this very
well. I still plant things that I know I will never see come to peak
condition in my lifetime.

When I had my first cancer and did a bit of reading on how people coped
with cancer I read about visualisation was supposedly one of the ways of
fighting cancer. Somehow in my mind this morphed into what I'd really
choose to do if I knew I was popping my clogs in the very near future.
The ONLY thing that I could think of that I would really like to do
before I died was to buy a huge chunk of land and plant it with trees
and protect it in perpetuity.