Old 09-03-2015, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Gardening and tomatoes

Hi Higgs,

I still think your tomato problems have to do with
your soil. As with cooking, you can't make bad
ingredients taste better, you can only make good
ingredients taste worse. It all starts with the soil.

I am wondering if you should not start over with know good
organic soil. Maybe even use certified compost from a
reputable dealer. Who knows what in the world is in
municipal compose.

Do you have worms in your soil? They are a great indication
of your soils health.

Are your tomato beds well drained? Tomatoes love to be
drenched (they are from the Amazon), but do not like
their roots in standing/stagnant water.

-T

Songbird is a really great source of this kind of
information, probably knows 100 times what I do.