Old 11-03-2015, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Gardening and tomatoes

On 03/10/2015 05:44 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
This is actually information I am relaying from a local
CSA greenhouse. Their incredible organic tomatoes
were in wet, humid, drained green houses. And EVERY
tomato was incredible: both heirlooms and hybrids
alike.

How do they control or prevent blight / fungus / rot?

Do you have tips for her? I hate it that she can't get a
decent tomato. As far as my experience goes, it is all
about the soil.

Going by the above you know almost everything there is to know about them.
You can't help?

Hi Misfit,

I am relaying what I saw and was told at a successful
green house.

Here is good link for you:

Growing Hydroponic Gardening Tomatoes
http://www.mightygrowhydro.com/growi...opinically.htm

"For tomatoes, an ideal humidity level in the greenhouse
needs to be between 65 and 70 percent. Temperatures must
not vary too much, although tomatoes flourish when the
night time temperature is ten degrees below that of the
daytime Ideally, temperatures really should be seventy-three
degrees during the day and sixty-three during the night.

This is what I observed at the successful greenhouse.

Maybe somewhere in the link there will be something for you
about the "blight / fungus / rot" problem you were complaining about.

I am hope at some point Songbird will chime in. He has about
100 times my knowledge. Maybe he knows something about
your "blight / fungus / rot" problem too.

-T