Old 11-03-2015, 11:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
~misfit~[_4_] ~misfit~[_4_] is offline

Default Gardening and climate change

Once upon a time on usenet Dan Espen wrote:
"~misfit~" writes:

Once upon a time on usenet Dan Espen wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" writes:

Stronzo Bestiale wrote:
On 3/8/2015 5:50 PM, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 9/03/2015 8:19 AM, snotbottom wrote:
It's been nice to see some life in the group again. Let's not
kill it by getting political. I'd rather just read about the
gardening advice and experiences from others and take the
divisive stuff somewhere else.

Climate Change has an impact on those of us who do bother to
garden and who also try to have productive gardens. That makes
climate change on topic here. Climate change only becomes a
divisive issue here when those who can't read for comprehension
try to deny that it is a reality.

He's right. You and Sara are getting political.

And here was I thinking it was a matter of science. Silly me.

Surely you've noticed that one political party here in the USA
is having none of it.

What has the stance of a political party in the US got to do with
science that affects the whole world? (It's bigger than the US you
know....)

Huh?

Not sure what you are getting at.

My comments are clearly limited to the USA.

Yes but not everybody else's were. This is an international group and so to
say in this group that climate change is a political matter is frankly
wrong.

Now we're having a climate science vs. politics scandal break out in
Florida. The fun never ends.

Ok but that doesn't mean a discussion on climate change in a global group
has anything to do with politics.
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."