Old 13-03-2015, 01:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Feeling Better Now

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:14:11 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

T wrote:
On 03/11/2015 07:34 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Today I built a "mini-greenhouse"

What is that? Sound interesting.

Basically 2 plywood ends , a 2x6 nailed on top for a mounting/hinge place
for some old window sashes , plastic sheet on the front . It's attached to
the side of the house for a back wall . There's a 1x4 stood on edge at the
front to support the sashes and give me a place to staple the plastic front
, bottom of the front plastic is weighted with a couple of logs . The sashes
are hinged with some leather from an old desk chair - this was built
completely from scrounged material . Dimensions are about 93" long by 30"
deep and height varies because the ground slopes , from about 3' down to 2'.

Sounds like what we called a cold frame.

I'm considering cutting a square out of the downhill south/west end to
mount another piece of either glass or another sash , the plants on that end
would benefit from more light late in the day . Gotta wait for the rain to
end ... don't want to get zapped !

--
USA
North Carolina Foothills