Old 13-03-2015, 03:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardening and climate change

On 3/12/2015 9:50 PM, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 13/03/2015 1:40 AM, I previously wrote wrote:
I toss tortoise droppings into my flower and shrub beds. Cleopatra (an
ancient beauty) leaves pleanty from April to October. Right now, she is
still hibernating.

So what do tortoise droppings look like? And have you ever posted any
pics of Cleo online so I could see her beauty for myself? And how
ancient is this girl?

They look like very dry dog droppings, but Cleo is a vegetarian. We
think she is now some 50-60 years old. She was mature when we "adopted"
her in 1977. See my http://www.rossde.com/Cleo.html.

We do not really own Cleopatra; she belongs to the state of California.
We are merely housing her. It is illegal to buy or sell desert
tortoises. While it is illegal to remove them from their native
habitate, it is also illegal to return them since that might spread
disease.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see