Old 13-03-2015, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Feeling Better Now

The Cook wrote:
On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:14:11 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

T wrote:
On 03/11/2015 07:34 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Today I built a "mini-greenhouse"

What is that? Sound interesting.

Basically 2 plywood ends , a 2x6 nailed on top for a mounting/hinge
place for some old window sashes , plastic sheet on the front . It's
attached to the side of the house for a back wall . There's a 1x4
stood on edge at the front to support the sashes and give me a place
to staple the plastic front , bottom of the front plastic is
weighted with a couple of logs . The sashes are hinged with some
leather from an old desk chair - this was built completely from
scrounged material . Dimensions are about 93" long by 30" deep and
height varies because the ground slopes , from about 3' down to 2'.

Sounds like what we called a cold frame.

Yup , pretty much the same thing .

--
Snag