Old 26-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Brian White

Default pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world)

My brother has sent me 2 more video clips (avi format) which show the
pump in action a little better. You can download them at the link
below (avi format which windows computers play).
By the way, Gordon Cougar, lots of people round the world have lots of
water flowing by every day. And they cannot use the waterpower because
it isnt falling at least 2 meters or because it costs an arm and a leg
to devellop their hydropower site. Another small point that you
completely miss is that you cannot pump ALL the water in any stream.
It is illegal.
Another small point is that the pulser pump is more than a water pump.
Efficiency means what exactly? If it costs 3 or 4 hundred dollars to
devellop an unused hydropower resource, and it pumps water for free
for the next 15 years, maybe it is efficient. Perhaps there are carbon
credits for all the coal or oil that you are saving too. Financial
efficiency is the only efficiency that counts for making devellopment
decisions.
Imagine if you will, an electical pump pumping water from the same
stream. It is driven by a huge power plant many miles away. and it
only uses 15% or less of the energy from the burning coal or oil to
pump water! (The power plant itself is less than 40% efficient and
that 40% very quickly dwindles before it gets to your pump).

"Gordon Couger" wrote in message news:3e33a6f4_2@newsfeed...
"Brian White" wrote in message
om...
My brother has just sent me short avi videos and pictures of a pulser
pump back in Ireland. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pulserpump/files/
They show the pumping of water clearly. Hopefully he will send me more
of it pumping quite a bit higher. (He just has to add a section of
pipe to the top of the 3/4 inch pipe to go higher). There are pictures
from him in the picture album section too.
Please note that this pump is powered by a tiny stream falling a small
distance, has no moving parts and can pump to over 7 meters high!
Imagine what a decent sized river could do!
http://nxtwave.tripod.com/gaiatech/pulser/index.htm
Brian White

It is also one of the most inefficient pumps in the world. If you have lots
of water going by and you need a little it works.