Old 14-03-2015, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
indigo indigo is offline

Default Planting grass seed

On 13/03/2015 09:07, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:34:08 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

On 12/03/2015 09:54, Emery Davis wrote:
Plenty of new growth here, but only in the drier places. So I imagine
there is in the south west, anyway, maybe Wales too. Lawn is looking
very tufty and I'd love to give it a once over, but would do more harm
than good.

It's been so wet, I don't think I've ever seen the fields so grey/brown.

I've got a place where the tractor left muddy tracks and the grass is
gone, but I don't envisage sowing for about a month still.

Dandelions starting to flower on the verges and saw a Blackthorn almost
in flower today, the bush looked white with half open buds.
David @ a damp side of Swansea bay

We've had white frosts for the last three nights, although during the day it
reached 10C to 12C.

Never mind the Ides of March.. beware the Blackthorn winter.

--
Sue