Old 14-03-2015, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rabbits

"Another John" wrote in message
]...
I was thinking of nailing chicken wire around the entire perimeter. I
know that they burrow, but I figured maybe they only do that when
there's a vegetable garden to be got at.

That will work well, providing you bury about a foot of the wire at right
angles outside the fence. It doesn't need to be deep, it will prevent them
burrowing in. As it will be whole lot of work to enclose the area, you
might as well do it once like that, rather than finding out later that they
can dig underneath if you don't
HTH
Tina
P.S. I had a bit of trouble once with rabbits. My lurcher said No - she
used to come in from the garden with a rabbit, claiming it jumped into her
mouth ;-) There might be rabbits in the fields at the bottom of my garden
even now but I doubt they would risk Ms McGregor's dog again.

I realise this isn't an option for you. Go with the buried fencing.