Old 17-03-2015, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Honda Strimmer UMK425E

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 16/03/2015 16:00, plotholder wrote:
Our strimmer is pumping out oil from the breather pipe has anyone got
any idea what is causing this. the oil has been changed and the level is
correct.

I've cross-posted this to uk.d-i-y - people there will know.

I'd suspect piston rings, but ICBW. Is the compression OK? Does it smoke
when running? Is it using oil?

It's caused by combustion gasas getting into the crankcase.
Worn piston/piston rings/cylinder bore.
Or worn valve guides.

Caused by poor design/cheap and nasty/no oil/faulty oil pump/extreme old
age.

You may well find repair uneconomic.
Benefits of having 4T engine instead of 2T (anti-pollution measure).