Old 17-03-2015, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_3_] Pam Moore[_3_] is offline

Default Daphne

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:26:28 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

On 14/03/2015 10:49, Pam Moore wrote:
I have had a daphne odora aureomarginata which has filled my garden
with scent in January for about 15 years.
This year it is dying
I know they do this, but can I replant another in the same place if I
improve the soil?
Do they suffer similarly to roses if you reaplant in the same place?

I suspect most woody plants won't be happy being planted in the same
place that a similar plant expired. Mine died of damp winter a year ago.
I plan on putting something else in the spot it vacated.

I just have nowhere else in my garden to put one.
So sad!

I wonder if you can grow one in a pot. Or dig out and replace enough
soil to give it a sporting chance. Roots didn't seem too extensive on
mine (then that might have been because they were dying back unseen).

Thanks Martin
I suspected it might not be a good idea to put it in the same place.
It is a good yard in all directione.
I'm trying not to have so many things in pots and would like it to
grow as big as the old one.
When i dig it out I'll see how much root there was, It might be
worthreplacing a good area of soil and giving it a chance. I might
even get one to outlive me!!!
Thanks
Pam