Old 18-03-2015, 04:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Trying to catch up

Things are going very slowly this year. Partly the weather and partly
my back. I think some old seeds may be part of the problem. I
started onion and spinach seeds in the middle of January. Just got
the onions set out yesterday and hope to get the spinach done today.
This morning DH tilled a strip along one of the wire fences and I got
about 140 Petit Pois seeds planted. DH just came home with a bag of
sugar snap seeds to use up the rest of the space along the fence.

If I can still walk tomorrow and the rain doesn't start too early I
will get the weeds out of the rhubarb and divide some of the plants. I
also need to thin a few of the plants and fill in a couple that do not
appear to still be alive. I also have a friend who would like a few
more when I get them separated.

After that I plan to stay in the house and recuperate.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills