Old 19-03-2015, 02:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default 'Mater seedlings

Terry Coombs wrote:
Some of mine (mortgage lifters) have leaves that are kinda yellowish .
These were planted late Jan , moved from starter cells into 4" round pots a
month or so ago . Last frost is still 3-4 weeks away . I've kept them moist
, daily watering quantity adjusted for how dry they were . These were moved
into the little greenhouse/hot box a few days ago , night time temps have
been 40° or higher . We did have like 3 days of rain . I open the windows on
top of the box during the day to prevent overheating unless it's raining
(the plants are right under the drip line of the roof) .
Anybody care to venture a guess why ?

too many possibilities to get it in one.

moving them can be a shock, overnight lows can be too
low, starting mix may be exhausted of nutrients, too much
water, too little water, normal die off of bottom leaves...

if they get leggy and tall with no bottom leaves just
bury them more deeply when you plant them in the gardens
they'll root at the nodes of the stem and you'll have
better drought protection.

songbird