Old 20-03-2015, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Trying to catch up

On 3/19/2015 7:18 PM, Derald wrote:
The Cook wrote:

Things are going very slowly this year. Partly the weather and partly
my back.

Lord knows, it's going slowly here, too, but largely due to
indolence, not to infirmity. Sorry to read that you're literally, "down
in the back" because I know that few things are more debilitating or
frustrating. Might be time to get those boxes up where no
bending/stooping is required.

Mine got bad enough that I bought a back brace online. Works great to
keep an old rickety back from going out again. Wife worked in garden all
day wearing the brace herself and is feeling okay.

Pulled the scallions and garlic chives today, washed, topped, planted a
couple of each back in the ground. Rest are being chopped and dehydrated
for later use and for the descendants to use also.

Had to take more buds off one of the blueberry plants today, thing is
persistent about making berries. I sometimes miss the massive gardens of
old and then I think about our backs and age and am then thankful for an
eighth of those gardens.

Raining again after a beautiful day in the low eighties with lots of
sunshine. Saving money on the water bill right now. Got to get out there
tomorrow and test the soaker hoses and set up the watering system for
summer, shouldn't take long.