Old 24-03-2015, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
philgurr philgurr is offline

Default Seeds in situ or Greenhouse

"Judith in England" wrote in message

I am sowing some wild flower seeds in a spare lawn - not exactly a wild-flower
meadow - but a small similar.

Some of the seeds say to be sown in situ - some in seed trays.

I was hoping to sow all the seeds in greenhouse and then transplant.

Would that work - or do some really have to be sown in situ? Is that because
they will be too delicate to grow in pots and then transplant?

When I was in charge of the Ashton Wold wildflower project, most of the
plants that we used to reclaim small areas of wildflower meadow were
grown in the greenhouses, even those sown in the autumn for stratification.
Larger areas were strip seeded,
Phil