Old 27-03-2015, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Winter tar oil wash

I have just tried to buy some of this as I ran out of the original (5 -
6) year old supply. There were only 2 'organic' alternatives offered
and theinstructions seemed to suggest that a forceful spray was required.

I have looked on Google and was directed to Googlegroups where a number
of the usual posters on this group seemed to say that there was no
alternative to the 'Growing Success' or 'Vitax' products although there
was a suggestion of using diluted Jeys fluid.

The trees I would like to treat are (Victoria plum and Bramley seedling
apple)

I will not treat them again this year but I would like to know what to
do next year

TIA

Malcolm Race