Old 30-03-2015, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Problem with commercial compost

On 30/03/2015 08:44, Martin Brown wrote:
On 29/03/2015 10:23, Broadback wrote:
I use a lot of compost every year, 4-5 large bags. the last 2 years of
so it has been a PITA. It is so compressed that I am spending more time
and energy loosening it it using it. Has anyone else experienced this?
Is there a commonly available make that is not usually compressed, of
have you some easy way to loosen it? TIA

It is shipped stacked on pallets as tight as they can make it.

Provided you don't mind the mess drop the bag on its end from about two
feet up and the shock will break the stuff up pretty well.

Thanks for the replies, but I am afraid whereas some years ago raising
the bag a couple of feet then dropping it was possible as time has moved
on it has become impossible. All together now "Ah"