Old 30-03-2015, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Phalaenopsis - gonner?

On 30/03/2015 13:33, David wrote:
On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 13:48:50 +0000, David wrote:

One Phalaenopsis has decent aerial roots and a single mature leaf. The
centre looks dead, though.

Do they ever come back from this (growing centre damaged) or is it the
great compost heap in the sky?

Update - just as I was about to sling it I noticed a green shoot to one
side of the base.

I first thought it might be another aerial root, but then it looked more
like another flower shoot.

Now it is looking like new leaves.

Still very small but growing a little each day.

So never say die (or dead).

Cheers

Dave R

That's good to hear. Well worth the patience.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London