Old 05-04-2015, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Primroses

On 04/04/2015 22:59, Bob Hobden wrote:
""mike"" wrote

Coming up like weeds this year.

Delightful but they seem to be prolific this year or is it our gardens
here on the Isle of Wight?

No they do seem to have had a good year. I've certainly noticed more
than ever before and in our own garden they have come up in unexpected
places. Interestingly a few plants are obviously hybrids with some
polyanthus we had so we have some primrose shaped plants/flowers but
with different colours and the opposite. Quite interesting, especially
one clump with large flowers.

Not the prettiest of plants, but so colourful, and they really do seem
to grow anywhere. I think I'm growing to like them!