Old 06-04-2015, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis armandii RIP

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

Damn. I put one NOT against a wall, because I don't have any
walls large enough, and last winter did for it.

Is it definitely dead underground, too?

A couple of years ago I put in a C. armandii Hendersonii rubra. The
first year it looked like it was going south, with some sort of dieback
(not clematis wilt). But it recovered last year with a few flowers. This
year it is smothered in them.

Dunno, but I don't think that one shoots from the base. I have
cut it back, and shall see what happens, but am not optimistic.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.