Old 07-04-2015, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A news article????

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 13:54:11 +0100, Spider wrote:

Well, I'm up to date with my Tetanus jab.

I thought these days that 'they' (doctors, NHS etc) now reckon that
'keeping it up to date' is unnecessary. If you had a tetanus jab
decades ago, it was longer lasting that they previously realised, and
didn't need regular renewing every ten years or so. Certainly, I
haven't had one for so long I don't remember the last one (mind you,
that might mean it was last week, but I don't think so. LOL!)

God alone knows what phase they are in at present. When I started,
you needed multiple injections, and a booster every three years.
Then it was one every five, then ten, and then no more. And then
they went back to ten years, or five in some cases. And then
back to no boosters. And then there was research that indicated
that the protection after quarter of a century is weak.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.