Old 07-04-2015, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default blinking mice

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Apr 2015 01:50:59 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

You need a cat. Mine came without me wanting him. He is brill on mice
and small rats. He doesn't do the big rats, he says he doesn't like
being bitten by their huge teeth. I have to get the terriers in for
that.

Got one, thanks. She's pretty great on mice and voles too, luckily we
don't have rats. But there are far too many here in the deep country for
her to keep up with even at 2-3 /day, and for the time being more cats
are not in the cards.

Also, she likes the easy mice and voles from the hedgerows, not the
inside ones. Even in the house she's not that interested.

My cat says your cat is lazy.and doesn't deserve such a nice home. My cat
says he woukl be more than ashamed if we had mice in the house.;-)
If she doesn't catch mice in the house, you could try one of those catch
alive box traps, but you have to release them quite a way away or they will
come back.

My cat is not allowed in my bedroom so I always have a baited catch-alive
trap in there. Nothing ever ever in it for years until last winter. It
must have come in when I I went outside for logs and left my front door open
and rushed straight up the stairs. It was a lucky mouse to go into that
trap. Had it gone into any other room, Boyfie would have caused it to be
deceased.
I let it go two miles away. I hope it will find another place to be a
nuisance in.

I stopped using snap traps in my house when I once caught a lactating female
woodmouse.I killed her and her babies starved..