Old 08-04-2015, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
philgurr philgurr is offline

Default Parkers

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
not being able to get to garden centres much I ordered some plants
from Parkers.
They arrived yesterday (7th) having been posted on 2nd so were packed
in a box all over Easter weekend!
Some things were ok, being dry. 6 "free" pinks plugs were fine, as
also was a potted daphne, to replace my sadly deceased one.
However, 6 plugs of each of delphinium and echinacea were totally
devoid of any growth at all.
What crazy company sends out plants just before a bank holiday?
I have sent a strong complaint to Parkers.
Any one else had such a thing happen?

Yup, Gardening Direct (Jersey Plants) are useless for us in the north
of Scotland. They are not prepared to send plants by Royal Mail but
instead use the cheapest of carriers. The result is that plants can often
wait for up to three weeks in Inverness before a carrier can be found
to deliver them. They will replace them - but with the same result! I have
found that Brookside Plants are the best - next day delivery by Royal
Mail and excellent quality.

Phil
Gardening 40 miles north of Inverness