Old 09-04-2015, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Leylandii ?

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
On 08/04/15 02:08, Tim Watts wrote:
Although yew is exceptionally toxic to humans which might be a
consideration. OK
there's lots of plants you don't go eating, but yew is quite a bad boy in
that
respect.

My father gave me bits of yew to eat. Didn't do me any harm

OK, the bits were the red "berry pith", and fortunately I
avoided eating the actual hard seed.

What?? Your father gave you yew berries to eat? Why? Was he trying to
kill you?
Why did he give you yew berries to eat? My mother would not ever done such
a thing and I am struggling to believe you.