Old 10-04-2015, 07:45 AM
mike crowe mike crowe is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"David Rance" wrote

Peter James wrote:

Last autumn I purchased by mail order 20 strawberry plants from Thomson
and Morgan. The day I received them I soaked them in water and planted
them into a prepared bed that same day.
Not one plant has survived the experience. Not one plant appeared above
ground or put out any green growth.
I'm a gardener of 50 years experience and wouldn't expect any problems
with planting strawberry plants.

I've contacted T&M and it will be interesting to see what they have to
say.

I've stopped using Thompson and Morgan as I've had similar experiences with
them.

I would only use them for seeds having had problems in the past with plants
being sent out very late.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Mail Order plants?