Old 12-04-2015, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_3_] Pam Moore[_3_] is offline

Default Parkers

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 04:18:45 +0100, "FrankB"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
not being able to get to garden centres much I ordered some plants
from Parkers.
They arrived yesterday (7th) having been posted on 2nd so were packed
in a box all over Easter weekend!
Some things were ok, being dry. 6 "free" pinks plugs were fine, as
also was a potted daphne, to replace my sadly deceased one.
However, 6 plugs of each of delphinium and echinacea were totally
devoid of any growth at all.
What crazy company sends out plants just before a bank holiday?
I have sent a strong complaint to Parkers.
Any one else had such a thing happen?

I mentioned here about Parkers some 15 months ago when I ordered a 15 bare
root roses from them. About 1/3 of them had to be returned because of poor
quality. They duly obliged by replacing them. Later it turned out that they
had sent some wrong varieties, but I let it drop as I couldn't be bothered
to raise further complaints with them. Funny thing is that everyone on here
at the time said how good Parkers were and that they had never experienced
any problems with them. Not long after this on another forum, somebody else
started a thread on Parkers and that they too had bad experiences. There
were several responses, all of them negative experiences.

So I think I can now safely say....they are a crap mail order firm. Don't
waste your time or money.

parkers have replied to my complaint.
They say the plants are sent out "dormant" but how can small plug
plants of delphiniums and echinacea be dormant? I think the echinacea
will survive(there is a sign of growth) but the delphiniums are
totally without growth and for the compost bin!
They say I have a guarantee till mid August. I expect they hope people
will have forgotten their non-existant plants by then!