Old 13-04-2015, 07:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Dividing Huge Hosta

I bought a Hosta 'Blue Angel' perhaps six years ago and it has been quite
happy in a bright corner between the house and front porch. Last Autumn I
noticed that there were two stems (or perhaps trunks as this thing is huge)
and figured that I probably should divide it but I let time go by and
forgot about it. A week ago I was cleaning the dead leaves from that
corner and noted that there are now _five_ of them coming up. One or two is
really enough to fill that entire corner.

Is it too late now to think about dividing it? Will I simply cause troubles
for the original plant(s) by dividing so late?