Old 17-04-2015, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mice infestation

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
We were away from our house for a couple of months,
and when we came back there were hundreds of mouse (or rat) droppings
in just 2 rooms.
To get into one of the rooms, the mice had to climb up a 2 metre wall.
They got into the other room through an air-hole.

I'm wondering if there is any way of stopping them climbing a wall?
It's a reasonably smooth plastered wall (outside).

Also is there anything better than mice traps to dissuade them?

Yep. A cat. I never wanted a cat, he just arrived and tbh I didn't want
to keep him. He's brilliant with mice. No mice could ever live in my
house. He's good with small rats too. He doesn't do big rats with their
huge teeth - we get the terriers in for those.