Old 18-04-2015, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default OT opening Kilner jars

"Chris Hogg" wrote

Pam Moore wrote:

wrote:

Moonraker wrote:
I always have a problem opening Klner jars, the type with a glass lid.
Releasing the vacuum can be a PITA, the problem is one can easily chip
the lid or bottle rim. Has anyone found an easy fool proof way of
opening them?

In France you can buy a tool like a giant sardine can opener. It works
just like that - wrap the tongue on the seal round it and pull.
Unfortunately my jars of fruit are in England and the opener is in
France!

Ask Jeremy Clarkson. He is descended from the Kilner family!

He probably rams them with a 4x4.

Much more likely to be an AMG Supercharged V8 Mercedes. :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.