Old 19-04-2015, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default OT opening Kilner jars

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Friday, 1 October 2010 09:29:34 UTC+1, Moonraker wrote:
I always have a problem opening Klner jars, the type with a glass lid.
Releasing the vacuum can be a PITA, the problem is one can easily chip
the lid or bottle rim. Has anyone found an easy fool proof way of
opening them?

In France you can buy a tool like a giant sardine can opener. It works
just like that - wrap the tongue on the seal round it and pull.
Unfortunately my jars of fruit are in England and the opener is in
France!

You can get the same in Germany. why not here in Uk?

Do you mean like this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCZcRS7fc9s

Or like this?:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/13500/Zyliss%C2%AE-Jar-Opener