Old 20-04-2015, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Non-white flowered evergreen climbers

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
David Hill wrote:

"Lonicera henryi is probably a bit vigorous"
That must be the understatement of the year, I have it growing well over
30 ft up in an oak tree. I've known it to grow over 15 ft in a year.
Great in the right place, but over an arch I think not unless it's like
Marble arch.

Like most Lonicera, it can be cut back hard, at least when young, and
so isn't the problem of (say) Clematis armandii.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

There is a form/hybrid of it called Copper Beauty that is a bit less
rampant, but as you say you can cut them as hard as you like.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs