Old 20-04-2015, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default Can I get tomato plants from seeds of store-bought tomatoes?

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 3:09:32 PM UTC-7, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 19/04/2015 5:52 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 7:48:05 PM UTC-7, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 19/04/2015 5:11 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 10:20:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:

[...]
Fran, would this work (paper towel) for poppy (flower) seeds? The instructions are to mix the TINY seeds with sand before planting. I could go down to the beach & get some sand, but am intrigued with the "bits of paper towel. Workable?

I don't think so Higgs. The paper towel works with the tomato seeds
because they dry onto the towel after the fermented goo has been washed
off. It's easier to tear up the towel than to try to peel off the
seeds. I think that poppy seeds added to sand and spread like carrot
seed would work if you wanted your poppys in a row but otherwise I'd
just broadcast the seed where you want it to grow.

Yet another case of my not thinking outside the +&*^$@#%$* box!

Who, in fact, ever SAID the &%@#%^*&$poppies have to be in a row!

Sigh!

Thanks, Fran.