Old 21-04-2015, 12:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default A bit damp here

On 4/21/2015 4:38 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
snip...

The river is nearly back in its bank at my place and I can get out now, it
probably peaked at about 16m (50ft). This sounds dangerous but it is not a
problem here as i didn't build on the flood plain and I don't have big
trees near the house.

It was much worse in some places, up to 400mm (16in) fell. And some old
towns are built on the floof plain. Whole houses went down the street and
people died in a town 40km away. Hundreds of homes were damaged and many
thousands are without power due to falling trees nearby (some people never
learn) and roofs being ripped off by wind.

At the camping ground enough water went through to have people swimming for
their lives and at risk of being taken, apparently they all survived. One
building was moved from one side of the rodeo area to the other.

It isn't over yet on the weather radar I have two storms converging on me,
never seen that before. The cabbages are on hold.

Was looking at the coverage on ABC. It does indeed look nasty. The lead
video was the house in Dungog being washed away. Best of luck with it.