Old 21-04-2015, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default blinking mice

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote

"Emery Davis" wrote
Christina Websell wrote:

You need a cat. Mine came without me wanting him. He is brill on mice
and small rats. He doesn't do the big rats, he says he doesn't like
being bitten by their huge teeth. I have to get the terriers in for
that.

Got one, thanks. She's pretty great on mice and voles too, luckily we
don't have rats. But there are far too many here in the deep country
for
her to keep up with even at 2-3 /day, and for the time being more cats
are not in the cards.

Also, she likes the easy mice and voles from the hedgerows, not the
inside ones. Even in the house she's not that interested.

My cat says your cat is lazy.and doesn't deserve such a nice home. My cat
says he woukl be more than ashamed if we had mice in the house.;-)
If she doesn't catch mice in the house, you could try one of those catch
alive box traps, but you have to release them quite a way away or they
will come back.

My cat is not allowed in my bedroom so I always have a baited catch-alive
trap in there. Nothing ever ever in it for years until last winter. It
must have come in when I I went outside for logs and left my front door
open and rushed straight up the stairs. It was a lucky mouse to go into
that trap. Had it gone into any other room, Boyfie would have caused it
to be deceased.
I let it go two miles away. I hope it will find another place to be a
nuisance in.

I stopped using snap traps in my house when I once caught a lactating
female woodmouse.I killed her and her babies starved..

Our cat is a brilliant mouser but he will insist in occasionally bringing
them in as a present for us. He did that on Sunday after being out for
less than 30 seconds but we had guests for dinner that evening and he
promptly lost it somewhere under the furniture. Our two humane traps
haven't caught it so he probably did later, I hope.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

My cat has occasionally let a mouse that he caught in the garden loose in
the house. He thinks it's hilarious. I don't appreciate his humour.
Normally he kills them but now and again, he teases me.

He is able to to know where it is through sound. Bad luck that mouse.