Old 26-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Larry Caldwell

Default US pulls back from food war with Europe

(Marcus Williamson) writes:

Speaking on the BBC Radio 4 Farming Today program, Kurz said the
decision "was made at a high level of government. I suppose the idea
was we don't need further trade irritants.

With GM foods forging full speed ahead in South America and Asia, and
starting to make major inroads in Africa, Europe is a minor player in the
GM food market. We can sell them conventional foods until the wave of GM
foods coming in from the East overwhelms their market resistance.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc