Old 22-04-2015, 03:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Can I get tomato plants from seeds of store-bought tomatoes?

In article
Boron Elgar writes:

I am a devoted composter and have gotten great "volunteers" from the
winter's store-bought tomato leavings that have contained seeds in
what has gotten spread on beds come spring.

The trip through the compost isn't even needed. I get a lot of
volunteers from unnoticed dropped fruit in the garden. I try not
to let those survive long, since I try to move the tomatoes around
year-to-year. It lessens the chances of disease problems.

--
Drew Lawson | What you own is your own kingdom