Old 23-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Jessica Alinari Jessica Alinari is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
We had some very delicious cherry tomatoes from our local supermarket. If we plant the seeds from those tomatoes, what are the chances of actually getting some of the seeds to sprout, or are the seeds likely to be infertile because the tomatoes are some sort of hybrid?

I always dry my seeds on paper towels or paper napkins. However I'm very careful when selecting tomato seeds. I prefer heirloom varieties that produce seeds true to the parent. Hybrid varieties have different properties if compared to their parent. So if you plant seeds from store-bought cherry tomatoes, most likely you will get plants with poor taste quality.