Old 23-04-2015, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Rain again

Terry Coombs wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

Pretty day, nice breeze, lots of sunshine, and it's getting hot out
there.

*obgrump* it's been too cold here... a little snow
flurries but no accumulation. rains have mostly missed
us, but we had enough for now. if the forecast is right
i may be able to get back outside later this week.

i have found some short stubby carrots to try.
will plant more fennel this year (i like it better than
celery and it is easy to grow). bok choy would be nice,
but i'll have to get seeds. haven't seen them around
in the racks yet. i would like to get both cilantro
and large leafed parsley going too.

I have my tomatoes all in the ground now , and have pumpkins , acorn squash
and green beans coming up . Strawberries are going nuts , garlic and last
years green onions doing well .

what type of green onions do you have going?

hope your strawberries do well, they are such a
treat. my sister called the other day because she
was so happy to have found a jar in the back of her
freezer from last summer.

The spinach , lettuce , and bok choy are
growing , but something is nibbling on the bok choy . Grasshoppers , I
think - can't decide whether BT or DE is the proper choice for control . I'm
still looking for signs of growth from the cucumbers ...
I have some peppers in the hotbox , plan to wait a couple more weeks for
warmer weather to put them in the garden .

i keep counting the days... indoor chores
will keep me as busy as i want to be until then.

songbird