Old 23-04-2015, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rabbits

"Fran Farmer" wrote in message
On 17/03/2015 8:46 AM, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 15/03/2015 07:26, Fran Farmer wrote:
so does fumigating their burrows by shoving a hose onto the end of an
exhaust pipe of a leaded petrol car and shoving the end down the burrow
and then closing over all holes with dirt and leaving the car running
for a while. These days that means you have to find an old car where
lead is added to modern fuel

I do rats like that. We use a hedgecutter engine to smoke them out into the
jaws of the terriers. It's so much kinder than poisoning. Either the rats
are dead immediately or they get away.
I stopped poisoning ages ago after i kept find rats dying slowly and had to
kill them myself.
So I have the dogs in. they re very good. My cat has to stay inside
otherwise he'd be an ex-cat.
So they the terriers sweep through. No rat will live. Although once a very
big rat here took off half a terrier's nose but she didn't mind. She killed
it anyway. It was under tree roots and she dug it out, and it gripped on to
her face.
Boyfie says no about big rats. He does the little ones.
Big ones with chisel teeth, absolutely not.