Old 24-04-2015, 09:02 AM
hayley hayley is offline
Registered User

Default Agricultural land change of use to Garden

Hello All,
So..firstly we live in an AONB and a conservation area. The local farmer a couple of years back managed to sell off some of his land and the council built affordable homes on it. The same farmer owns the field at the back of our house so my husband and I decide to approach him to purchase some land directly behind our house so if the land ever did sell at least we wouldn't be overlooked. It's a relatively small piece of land 9x13m. a couple of questions....

Can we put a fence up and if so any restrictions on height?

What can/can't we do on the land as it is agricultural

Our neighbours a few doors along had the same idea as us and purchased land from the farmer years ago and have placed on the land things like summerhouses etc so I assume the land is classed as garden for them now. If it is would that help our case if we applied for change of use? The end of our agricultural land just purchased ends exactly where the neighbours land does. We don't want any kind of planning rights as the whole reason we have purchased the land is to stop anything being built! is there something we could sign perhaps to state the land will never be developed on?

Many thanks in advance

Hayley