Old 24-04-2015, 09:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default A bit damp here

songbird wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:
songbird wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:

I am just about to plant my winter seedlings, mostly brassicas.

That will have to wait for a while since we had 90mm (3 1/2 in) of
rain over night. There has been much more nearer the coast, over
200mm (8in) at one place. The river is up about 12m (40ft) and the
outflow of my dam is running backwards, that is the dam is filling
(well over-filling) from the river. The soil will be rather too wet
for a few days at least.

which river is it?

a tributary of the Karuah system

are you far enough upstream that you don't
have to worry too much about pollution in the
river sediments?

Yes the silt is quite Ok. We will not be trudging through the contents of
some septic tank nor toxic sprays or any such.

your pastures will be happy.

hope you find your missing irrigation parts!

.... as the actress said to the bishop.

ouch!

The lost pipe turned up after the water receded almost where I had left.

--
David

Corporate propaganda is their
protection against democracy