Old 24-04-2015, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default BT or DE ?

Terry Coombs wrote:

Something is nibbling on my bok choy , and I've seen grasshoppers . Not
certain that they're to blame , but ... which will work better for
grasshoppers ? Other pests that I've seen on these plants before are like a
very small beetle-type bug , hopefully one of these will help with those too
. Chemicals are problematic , I'm trying to avoid any chem based
insecticides because of our bees .

you may want to be sure of the critter you
are after before deploying defenses. can you
check the plants after dark or at other times
of the day to see if you can find the insect
that is doing the damage?

i hand pick grasshoppers off the garden plants
once in a while, but the birds get more of them.

songbird