Old 27-04-2015, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Dandelions

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
My grass patch (I hesitate to call it a lawn ) is covered
this year with dandelions, which seem to have bedded themselves
down into the turf t below the level of the grass. This means
that they survive the fairly high mowing that I do at this time
of the year, although I do get the flowers mostly.

Anyone come across this, and apart from digging them out or
weed killers how can I stop it? I do not mind a few in amongst
all the other weeds and the occasional grass, but this year
they seem to have gone mad!

I had this over 6 years ago.
The bloke next door said to poke a hole in the heart (middle) of the
Dandelion and pour some salt in. I did this and it worked a treat.
I've not had any Dandelions since.
Cheap and quick.